1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ready to get hit and hit hard back tomorrow in RI

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by blakerugg, Dec 19, 2009.

1. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

Heres some pics of my finally ready truck and real ballast. enjoy. 8-18" in RI tonight/tomorrow BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wesportwesportwesportwesport

soupt!! first real snow here. ill be sure to take pics tomorrow.

NEW truck 1.jpg

NEW truck 2.jpg

NEW truck 3.jpg

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Truck looks great. I would move the weight back over the wheels.
    Why do yo guys want such big storms. They are hell on trucks, better suited for tractors or loaders.

Good luck.

3. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

thanks for the compliment :waving:
    dont worry by tomorrow night i'll hate snow for the rest of the season. the ballast isnt as far back as it looks, its as close to over-the-axle as it can be, i have to fit a 28" blower in the bed. oh and i think i forgot to mention that the ballast is a tractor 3-pt hitch setup and weighs est. 6-800 lbs

4. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Sweet truck!! If it had a duramax id come steal it :cool:

5. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

i like diesels but i love the rumble of a big block gasser lol

6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

The ballast should be behind the rear axle! It helps ofset the weight of the plow. And will give more traction then over the axle.I usually run around 700 or so pounds Its very simple to slide a plank about 2 feet from the tailgate where the pocket in the bed and ur ad ur ballast behind that and the tailgate.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  7. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

it doesnt look it but its a lot farther back towards the tailgate then it looks. when i put the snow blower in later tonight ill slide it forward as much as i can but its pretty close now.

8. brad96z28

I do too but did not like puting gas in it every other day. :cry:

9. brad96z28

I have the same problem now with the snow blower I have to have my ballast on each side of the blower. The plank does not work so good with a blower.

10. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

Right on Brotha....The gas mileage is killa though...Oh Well

11. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

hey its worth it in my opinion...besides who wants to pay an extra 7-10k for a diesel?!

12. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

Good point...but dont let a diesel guy hear you say that :laughing: A $10,000 option is a sh&$ load of gas plus the maintenance cost & to find a diesel mechanic no freakin thank you...."But the diesel will last hundreds of thousands of miles" well hell I sure hope for that price

13. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

resale value on diesel's are rediculously high.

14. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

i expect at least 250k out of my truck, i know of chevy half tons with 325k on them. thats plenty for me.

i know but this is my first pickup truck (its an 05) and i plan on running it until something major goes wrong and even when it does the truck will probably be turned into a beater until its ready to be scrapped, so resale on at least this truck isnt that important to me.

yeah im yet to find a good ballast setup for having the blower with me.

15. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

These new synthetic oils will help a motor last @ least 200,000 + miles....I've said before unless you tow a 10,000lb trailer you don't realy need a diesel

16. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, be sure to post some more pictures when it snows.

17. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

pics from the storm!!! ill get more up tonight or tomorrow, i have to go out again and make sure everythings still clean :sleeping:

php8de1IyPM.jpg

phpcXZSPpPM.jpg

phpGOoIeePM.jpg

phphFdqGaPM.jpg

phpLnlaG5PM.jpg

18. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

even moree picssssssssssss. more tomorrowwwwwwwwwwwwww

phplvdlVvPM.jpg

phpmzvmhgPM.jpg

phpq4uQGHPM.jpg

phpQNxhcMPM.jpg