1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ready for Winter

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by brbcbrent, Oct 31, 2008.

1. brbcbrent

brbcbrent Member

Just delivered today...should be bit more effective than just the bucket...

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

2. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

That is really sweet!

3. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice machine

4. crew cuts

crew cuts Junior Member
    from Omaha

Thats real nice. What are the triangle looking pieces on each side for? It has to be more than just reinforcement, right?

5. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Pretty cool. Are you renting it? I'm thinking of renting one for a property I may have. How much is that costing you per month? (If you are renting...)

6. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet.....

7. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

How do you like the rubber tracks in the slipper conditions?

8. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

thatll work great. make sure you adjust that cutting edge, looks like its sitting an inch or so off the ground.

9. brbcbrent

brbcbrent Member

thanks for the replies! I really can't wait for snow now! :redbounce

To answer your questions:

Are you renting it?

- we own the bobcat, had it for about 4 years now....I've only been plowing with it since last season though

How do you like the rubber tracks in the slipper conditions?
    - I love rubber tracks for everything but snow...they slide everywhere but it's what we've got and snow removal isn't the primary job for our equipment. I just kinda got used to the 10,000lb roller coaster I guess

"What are the triangle looking pieces on each side for?"
    - I think they are just reinforcement....just boxed in to keep snow from accumulating behind a single bar

10. TLB

TLB Senior Member

that should be fun, a little cool if the wind is blowing:eek:

11. brbcbrent

brbcbrent Member

I saw that too, the cutting edge is at least an inch thick and the way it sits has the back sitting on the ground but the front is up about 3/4". I thought if I dropped the edge all I'd be doing is burning off the poly....should I drop it still?

12. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

Have you had the chance to try the new Caterpillar track machines?? If not you should take the time and demo one from your local Cat dealer! Try the 287C model WOW what a machine! The track system has a full suspension system so it doesn't beat the hell out of you like the Bobcat does and the cab is sealed air tight so there's no more problems with dust. I've used the T300 (Bobcat) and the 267B (Cat) both had enclosed cabs w/ air & heat but I always had problems with dust when I was grading for hydroseed, but the new C series is sealed air tight and the new cab design is extremely operator friendly and the most comfortable of any skid/track loader I've ever run. Really worth a look!

13. brbcbrent

brbcbrent Member

We're fully heated my friend, I was plowing mostly in a t-shirt last year.....except for when my windshield fell out during this little storm in April last year....

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=61393&highlight=thought+winter

I got more than a couple lap-fulls of snow trying to stack it all :cry:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  14. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

do you have a/c for the summer ?

15. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

if its making contact with the ground it might be fine. but without seeing it, its hard to comment. if need be, i would drop it just enough as to where youre going to get a nice cutting angle after a little poly burns off.

16. brbcbrent

brbcbrent Member

There's a button for it....doesn't do anything though.....

17. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Thats a nice machine there

18. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

very nice machine. how well do the tracks like running on pavement ?

19. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

nice pusher

20. Puddlejumper

Puddlejumper Member

Nice

:DI want one of those under the tree this year.