1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ready for winter

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by shaunnshelly, Oct 15, 2007.

1. shaunnshelly

shaunnshelly Senior Member

Spread 450 Ton of pavment millings.. No more plowing mud..

Picture 125.jpg

Picture 126.jpg

Picture 129.jpg
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I hope you get some warms days to cook it a little before winter!
  3. shaunnshelly

Took out some stumps to put in a pool

Copy of Pool Work 001.jpg
  4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Looks real good.

Just out of curiosity, wouldnt it be pretty easy to put some asphalt down over that so you wont have to worry about tearing up that nice surface? I dont mean to be ignorant but im just not familar with this subject.
  5. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

we've been putting millings on some of our dirt roads here in town for the past couple years...long as you roll them fairly well, they set up nicely
  6. bobcat s-160

bobcat s-160 Senior Member
    from MI

Hey what size is that John Deere skid steer? Like it? Looks like a 317
  7. shaunnshelly

The reason we put down the millings is because the customer didn't want to spend the money for binder... Once we get some really hot days the millings will fuse together really well... The problem is that I don't think we got the millings down early enough and now we won't have anymore hot days...

To answer other questions... We rolled the lot for a full 8 hours witht the roller pictured... It's a 5T Vibratory...

And the Skid Steer is a 240...
  8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Ahh ok that makes sense. I was just curious. I actually thought it was your own shop but now knowing it was for a customer helps explain it.
  9. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

wow nice equipment you got there
  10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Pavement is too expensive and heavy machiners and trucks will tear it up. Millings use to be cheap around here but the demand for them is high now so the price keeps going up.
  11. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

around me you were able to get millings free because the quarry was to over loaded with them and didnt have the room to store..