1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ready for the snow!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mcdunn, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Mcdunn

Mcdunn Junior Member

Well i got the plow all ready to go for the season! Now i just need to get some snow!

2007 Dodge Ram 2500, Cummins, Tuned with a Smarty, Leveling kit and 315/70/17, 600lbs of sand in the bed, Tinted windows and a 5" straight pipe exhaust.

7'6" western ultramount, debating on putting the wings on or not

Bring on the snow!

2. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Thats a nice truck, i personally like the dodge grill better but the sterling does look nice. Your gonna want to put wings on that plow. When you turn your back wheels will run over the windrow of snow. Also they will increase your productivity.
  3. Mcdunn

Mcdunn Junior Member

I realize that, but i also have some driveways that are narrow, so the wings may not let me fit down the drive easily

I HATE RUST Senior Member
    from PA

sweet truck and plow
  5. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I love that truck!
  6. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Very nice truck and plow you have, best of luck to ya this season.
  7. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Nice setup
  8. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Nice Truck! I like the sterling grill.
  9. Mcdunn

Mcdunn Junior Member

thanks guys, so far the truck has been great to me! I just hope i dont get let down during the snow storms!
  10. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

a 7'6" plow is a waste of that truck. Stick some Western Wings on it. You'll love it for doing lots.
  11. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

While you're at it. Check the plow pivot frame height. It looks a tad high, and if it is, you can cause premature wear and tear on the apex's pivot pin and fracture the tip of the plow frame.
  12. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

nice looking truck. the 7'6" is fine thats what i had on my cummins. it depends how you use it if you have driveways like i did a larger plow wont be any benenfit at all
  13. Mcdunn

Mcdunn Junior Member

Like I said tho, I wouldn't be Able to plow a few driveways that I have if i add wings. I only have one tiny lot.
  14. Mcdunn

Mcdunn Junior Member

How do I check this?
  15. 2000dodge

2000dodge Junior Member

Nice truck is that a 5.9 or 6.7
  16. Mcdunn

Mcdunn Junior Member

its the trusty 5.9
  17. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

You want your A frame to be and parallel to the ground as possible. There are a set 3 holes on the plow that you can adjust that with. You can see the bolts here behind the mounting point.

18. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

With the plow on the ground, use a tape measure and measure the distance between the ground to the pins for the a-frame. The Western owners manual will tell you what height you want that at. On my old uni-mount, the ideal height was 8-9" from the ground.
  19. Mcdunn

Mcdunn Junior Member

and the reason i went with the 7'6" is actually becasue of the deal i got for it... i did the install and i paid 2300 for everything, full truck side and the plow side.. the plow is only a few years old and sat more than it was used.
  20. Powastroka

Powastroka Member

Pro-Wings = The best thing I ever did for my Meyer 7.6