1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ready for the plowing season?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by BIG M, Sep 14, 2004.

1. BIG M

BIG M Member

Another plowing season is coming up quickly.
    My plows are serviced.The trucks seem to be ready and My ground crew and there equipment are set.
    New flyers and reminders are going out. Deposits are coming in.
    Networking constantly.
    What is everybody doing to get ready and get more customers?

2. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

getting ready

cold calls, cold calls, and more cold calls.followe dup with calls to previous accounts. Truck is going into the shop to get the Wynn's Oil transmission flush and I am replacing all hoses and pins on my Fisher 8'..still looking to get another truck but have not decided.dont want to wait until too late and pay more though.

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i havent serviced it yet i forgot when i did last mine lst

4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I'm getting my blade out of storage just after halloween. Transmission, transfer case, and both differentials were just flushed. Pretty much ready to go. :nod:

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i have to flush the plow pump angle cyclinders change coolant fluid i will be ready to rock

6. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Working on picking up a few new commercial accounts. Trying to purchase a back-up truck (thats what we are calling it for now). Hopefully we will get enough new clients that we will have to use it regularly. I have not serviced the plow or salter yet. The ATV is in the shop getting ready for hunting season, then it will move into the plowing stage. In Missouri we seem to have a little longer preparation period than you guys up north. :) BOAST

7. jax1013

jax1013 Senior Member

2001 ram 2500 service

hey guys,
    i bought my 01 ram new... i dont drive it much lately maybe twice/three times a month..only 29000 miles...however when i start it lately it sounds like s***....i put it into drive and it takes a few seconds before it moves..sometimes up to 7-10 sec.. i know i should change the tranny fluid...do you trust jiffy lube or bring to dealer?? is there anything special to this trany fluid change that needs to be done.. a friend of mine said that i should only bring it to the dealer... local mech.. in NYC is usually a "crook" so a bit reluctant to do that...what other maintanence would you recommend...thanks in advance for the advice..be safe..
    Jack

8. cjc810

cjc810 Member
    from RI

My ram 1500 does that to when left for a few days. It is perfectly normal due to fact that the tranny oil must warm up and fill the chambers again.

9. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Up to my arms in truck fluids

Oil is all changed in both trucks. Just have to get my new MVP Ultramount assembled and the mount put on my silverado. My dodge needs the guts put back into it. Any one know where I can find some cheap relays? Not the silenoid, but the black plastic electrical connections that plug into the harness. Hope its a cold and snowy one, have alot invested. :drinkup: