1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ready for Sunday?????????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 1olddog2, Feb 18, 2005.

1. 1olddog2

1olddog2 Member

get ready boys, toms says 4-8 more north then south

2. chuckers

chuckers Member

Yes I'm ready but Im debateing I have about half the salt I need if we get hit hard. Would you guys order more at this time of the season.

3. 1olddog2

1olddog2 Member

u north or south ill??

4. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

chuckers -

The other question is....do you use bulk or bagged salt?

Rick

5. JUSTBE

JUSTBE Member

I'm all ready. Gassed up and loaded with Bagged Salt. I actually have enough bagged salt for 4 events. With the way we have been getting freezing rain and crap, I am actually ready to get more salt.

Let it snow!!!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2005
  6. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

7. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

all ready to go here
    1. blade off both company truck and all personal ones
    2. salt pile tarped up tight
    3. all salt trucks empty
    I hope this ends our jinx on snow around here :)

8. 1olddog2

1olddog2 Member

84 if u leave to another state say fl. for the daytona 500 we wont be mad at you !! lol last Tuesday i traded my 05 gas SD for a 05 PSD. Wednesday night striped old new gasser of plow,strobes, bed liner, cap, and the rest of my crap. Thursday night put under carriage and wire harness on. Friday had to work a double, so this morning I'm going hook on the plow to see if everything is right, tight and ready. fingers are crossed. next week the rest of the crap.

9. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Finally some snow here!!This month has been a drought, both weatherwise and moneywise!To the question of ordering salt if you get it bulk I would not. Just finish the tyear with bags. Also wondering if you guys have any ideas on a solution to spray on my new Bobcat to stop it from rusting. I traded my 2002 S185 Bobcat two days ago and the only bad thing about it was that it was getting rusty inside and out from all the salt it encounters!BAH!Let IT SNOW!! :redbounce

10. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Ok, how do you stay awake when Tom Skiling talks???? I use him as a sleep aid - with in seconds I'm out cold. I usually take chanel 5 and 7 as general rules of thumb, then look at the radar myself. It usually helps to cut the hype a tad.

11. chuckers

chuckers Member

We use bulk and baged. Baged for the sidewalks easier to drop a few bags for the sidewalk guys. Then for the spreaders in the trucks we use bulk. We are also located in will and kankakee county...

12. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

They said we were going to get 4-6" during the week lastweek. We got nothing but rain, rain, rain, and oh, did I say rain?

Anyway it better not be like that again tommarow!

13. Triton Snow Systems

Triton Snow Systems Banned

no snow

Don't open your eyes. It happened agin !!!!

14. JUSTBE

JUSTBE Member

Up here they finally got it right. We are actually getting SNOW! :redbounce

15. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I stayed up all night to see nothing but a 10th of an inch of crap fall from the sky :cry:

16. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

skunked again :angry: :gunsfiring: @#$%#@& weatherpeople

17. 1olddog2

1olddog2 Member

went they forecast snow u either get no sleep or a good good night sleep! example Saturday night i left the Allstate arena about 11 p.m.(motor cross show) it was snowing lightly got home around 12 a.m.went to bed thinking in a couple of hours??? wake up around 9 a.m. thinking holy crap wears my phone ????? why didn't it ring??? i see it..... i grab it ..... i flip it .... nothing.... no calls ..... now thinking wtf !! jump up look out the window and u know the rest