1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ready for spring

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sjones, Jan 29, 2011.

1. sjones

sjones Junior Member
    from ct.

Made my money , sick and tired of snow after this record breaking month.
  2. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

i hear ya man.. this is getting out of hand.
  3. Screw that.....bring it on. I like money! the more the better! Lol now when I am am in truck for multiple hours plowing I might not say the same thing!
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

big storm brewing again for the midwest and headed east
  5. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

You all that are sick of the snow, send it down my way. So far we have had more this winter then we have in a long time, but that's 12-16" for the winter total...all in 2-3" storms. I want to see some big snow, send me a 8-10,12" snow storm...
  6. big snow sucks give me 2 2"-6" a week like we've been getting n I will b happy
  7. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

agreed.. id take 3-4" storms any day over these 20"+ whoppers.. they are just nightmares....
  8. Hate them big ones.....till I start getting my invoices paid
  9. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I just want some snow. I have only plowed 4 times this season. Big or small lets see some snow.
  10. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

are you guys in the forecast to get hit on the tues - wed storm?
  11. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

AMEN TO THAT!!! If I dont have ulcers by the end of this plow season it will be a miracle.
  12. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

Been mild in Michigan we missed every major storm this season, the east coast, I don't envy..
  13. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes as of right now they are calling for anywhere between 7 and 14 inches. I only believe it when it's on the ground. So far this season they have called for 28 or so inches, and we have gotten about 12 and thats being generous. I would love to think we will actually get what they are calling for, but somehow I have to try to not get my hopes up.
  14. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

Only problem with 2" every week here is that no one will pay to plow it, as it melts off with in a day or two. it would take a good deep snow to get people to pay to have there drives/lots plowed out...

Something else, you guys that have been getting hit with 20+ storms, now when you get 2 inches most people will probably just let that ride, no since in messing with a dusting LOL
  15. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!.......I just love the Guys that say im sick of Winter....Then Come about July....The same ones are on here Praying For Snow....Suck-it up you Bunch of Babys.......If you don't like it....Get Out......
  16. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

big 10-4

i look at winter as a 150 day marathon.... take what i get, and i can sleep in june...

although as i am getting older the being up for 3 - 4 days is getting a lot tougher
  17. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

southern wisconsin and northern illinois is expecting 12-24 inches in the next 48-72 hours.... hope everyone is ready for what they asked for..... me on the other hand.. not excited... heavy wet snow breaks stuff ill take 3 inchers anyday
  18. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

You really don't

With all due respect after you do this awhile you will feel like most of us do. 2 or 3 inches is enough at a time. Preferably, 1 inch or so at a time and deice your way through it.
  19. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

me too

I hear ya. We have had a record year like a lot of you guys and we have done it with 2 - 4 inches at a time, one freezing rain event and a few light snows that we salted only. I would like a few more events and call it a year. Snow through February and let us get back to our other work in March.

However, March normally brings a couple events.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

especially when you cant find anywhere to put all the snow cause its all still piled up from the previous storms lol