1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ready for some action

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by caddytruck89, Feb 25, 2010.

1. caddytruck89

caddytruck89 Senior Member

Been a couple of weeks without having the plow on. Supposed to be a big storm in the northeast ohio, Northwest Pennsylvania area. We"ll see what it brings. But i'm ready.

truck1.jpg

truck2.jpg

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry bub, But that just looks like sh!t...You need bigger tires if your gonna have it lifted!!!!!!!! Other than that I wold look Great!

3. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

What kind of custom job did you have to do to the mount?

4. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Yeah those wheels just arent working

5. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

yuk...loose the lift or the wheels

very sharp otherwise

6. caddytruck89

I do have bigger tires for it! Just dont run them in the winter.. Cant run any larger tire. Already had to do some custom fab to the mount to keep it level. The rims are off my old tahoe. I have to run 18' or larger wheels with the suspension lift

Attached Files:

7. caddytruck89

Yuk !! Put a lift on it!! Or some nicer wheels!!! Alot of guys use smaller tires in the winter.. Ever tried to plow with a 37 13.50 20 probably not... My trucks makes me money in the winter and looks pretty sharp in the summer... Hate having small tires on it.. Is it ever gonna be spring??

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  8. caddytruck89

Here it is all cleaned up, with one of my other toys.

Attached Files:

9. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Why do you have to run an 18" wheel with a Lift??

10. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

I'm liking that airbagged truck? You got any more pics of it?

11. caddytruck89

New spindles. The make the knuckle taller where the tie rod attaches, so you don't have to mess with steering rack. So the ID of the wheel has to be larger. So i just used some old 20's i had laying around from my tahoe. With some 265/50/20 tires.

12. gas man

gas man Junior Member

did you loose the clevis?

13. caddytruck89

Yeah i've got quite a few...

Attached Files:

14. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

Truck looks great in summer trim and if you have to run smaller tires to make money plowing in the winter that makes sense to me.

How big of a lift kit on it? 6-8''

15. caddytruck89

Thanks for understanding.. Plowing pays for my toys!! It has a 7.5 inch and a 3inch body.

16. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Now i get it. LOL

17. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

You'd be surprised how the 37's would do plowing.. on my 96 Dodge w/Cummins diesel I plowed with 39.5x13.50 Super Swamper Iroks and it was awesome, you may hafta use low range to keep the trans temp down but I had a 5 speed and used high range. Don't know how the Mud Grapplers would do in snow but the Iroks are THE POO in winter... best tires i have ever had in winter, bar none. Truck looks good and i'm not a bowtie guy. Don't like the winter wheel/tire combo and i'm kinda surprised ya don't slide off alot with them not being real aggressive and wider (you can get away with the width if they are real aggressive) but do what ya gotta do can't argue that and it looks great with the 37's :)

18. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Oh the yellow Caddy truck is wicked man looks killer good job on that one :)

19. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

See you there this summer :D, or it could not post the picture in the quote and make me look weird, but anyways I was speaking of good old Yankee Lake Truck Night

20. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I am ready for some yankee lake too! I cant wait for the first atv day too I love that