1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ready and Waiting!! 6-8 coming

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by PLM-1, Jan 31, 2008.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I just got all ready for our *hopefully* first plowing event of the year!! 6-8 is forecast so we will see what happens!

Truck 1 (Medium).JPG

truck 3 (Medium).JPG

truck 4 (Medium).JPG
  2. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Nice truck, plow, sander and house. Have fun and be safe.
  3. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

i think it's coming your way. just missed us.
  4. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Thanks guys! It better. I live a little north of Joplin, about 8 miles and it's just flurring. My mom lives on the south end of Joplin and says it's like a blizzard down there but not sticking to the roads quite yet.

KINNCO Senior Member

PLEASE MOVE EAST >>>>>>>>>
  6. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

But Hang Out Here A Bit!!
  7. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

I must say that is one Nice CHEV!! The house aint too shabby either!

8. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck! How much ballast you have in back?
  9. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

1040 sand ballast. Then I have my spreader and about 600 worth of melt in there for now. The garage door in my shop was dripping FREEZING cold water on me so i decided to stop there. Usually it's loaded until i can't load anymore. I would say my gross as it sits right now is around 8800lbs.
  10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Wow thats a real nice set-up you got there, i love the truck! I feel ur pain i have only plowed once this year, and that was slush! How much snow do u have now?:gunsfiring:payup
  11. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

It's really pourin down a little south of here, it's just light snow here so far. Here's a pic of the ballast (can you tell I'm bored!?) and one of daddy's helpers (don't look at my nasty garage!). And yes, that's good 'ole me in the pic too.

Truck 5 (Medium).JPG

daddy's helper (Medium).JPG
  12. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice man, it looks like its building s/w of you near tulsa! How do you like the fisher v ?
  13. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Tulsa isn't too far! I really like the fisher. I can only compare it to an old western cable operated, however. It takes all of 1 minute to hook up, the head lights are great and it looks great!
  14. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

yeah ur set-up looks great on ur truck, do u ever find that the new fisher lights can of block ur vision? I have the same truck and a fisher hd, it seems to me that the lights do block some vision!
  15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Really like the blade!!
  16. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I don't notice any blockage. I just looked at our forecast and we've been downgraded to 2-4 :cry: But really, as long as I get to push I don't care!!
  17. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Well it looks like you got dry sloted, but u have to watch the upper level disturbance out to ur west! Just look at ur radar, should be snowing better now! Thats where you will get ur 2-4 from, also watch the temps you need 32 or below for it to stick on surface areas!
  18. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

Hey any pics or Vids with that plow in action
  19. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

winter storm warning here 8-15 inches by tomarrow after noon!
  20. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict