1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Read this email i sent to Auto zone!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by plowboy16, Dec 4, 2001.

1. plowboy16

plowboy16 Junior Member

To make this long story short! Your parts and your service in your stores are
    grossly substandard! I will never install a autozone part in any of my vehicles
    or vehicle of another again. I have done a lot of business with my local
    autozone in Janesville, WI, and there is always a problem. Without fail the
    parts I get are either the wrong part,the part is already bad when I buy it, or
    it fails shortly after install! The last straw was having to return to the
    store 5 times before I received the right combination of parts from your
    employees. Then I spent 5 hours replacing the ball joints and tie rod ends in
    my truck to find out the damn things were bad when I got it back together! Now
    the job has to be redone. My time is much more valuable then the money I save
    shopping at your substandard store. Because I would rather pay the difference
    your competition charges for parts to receive reliable service you have not
    only lost my business, but the business of the mechanic friends who work with
    me and are in the
    auto club I belong to. From now on I will only use NAPA.

AutoZone Reply(s):

Message (Terry Lee) at 12/3/2001 4:39:50 PM
    David Rutkowski the District Manager of Store 1767 will personally contact you
  2. Sndun

Sndun Member

Add to that list, Pep Boys in NJ.
    Plowboy, you're not alone.
  3. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

Man, I good parts store is worth their weight in gold. I have one at home, that happens to be a parts plus, but have known the owner for over a decade, (long time for me :) ) and always get top service there. It's a few bucks more, but like you said, my time is worth more than that.

4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I think the key to a good parts store are hte employees. The storre I go to is a local one made up of mechanics and others in the industry who have experiece. When you are looking for a part they understand, most of the time, what you want. This is key becausemany books and computers are general about the specs on parts.

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

i almost started a thread "what i really miss"

it is the local small parts store with the one old guy owner and he always knows exactly what will work and which one you need ....he never had a computer just a row of books , heck even his register was old but in my ten years with dealing with him he was wrong MAYBE once ... i agree now it's a young buck punching on a computer and he only know's what it says
  6. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak Member

He's another one for you. We did the rear brakes on my brothers K 2500, light duty. Told the guy at advanced auto what it was, gives me all the parts for the HD version. Take them back (old shoes in hand), he argues with me telling me its a half ton truck ect. anyway thats what his computer said. Truck says 2500, tiltle says 2500, door says 2500, but advanced auto computer says 1500. Any parts fit job done, just wanted to share.
  7. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

I too have given up on Auto Zone. We have a local non-chain parts store where the staff is made up of motor heads and guys who love to build bikes, cars and race cars etc. They have a wealth of knowledge and bring it to bear any time I have the need.

Bruce :D