1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Re-worked my MM2

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by serafii, Dec 1, 2010.

1. serafii

serafii Senior Member

i had a thread about a month ago about getting my mm2 redone. i wanted to get it blasted and painted but $1000 would be better spent on something else. So i bought an air gun and painted it myself.

I did some repairs/reinforcing while i was at it.

-I reinforced the the ends of the plow by welding a 1/4 inch flat bar to the ends.
    -Welded another flat bar from the first rib to the second rib on each side. I did so because every year the "ears" get some good hits and the first rib takes the impact and bends inwards. hopefully this should stop it.
    - Added some more weld where the A-Frame meats the plow.
    -Took off the old conveyer belt and added a metal shield to replace it over the top of the plow.

And since i like my stuff looking new, i put new stickers on both plows with some clear coat so they wont peel off.

2. serafii

serafii Senior Member

Dont have any close ups of the mm2 but the fleet shot should give u an idea of how it turned out

3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Real nice work, they look brand new.
  4. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

Looking great! Nice work!
  5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Damn skippy, they look great now!

I think that's the first pic of a MM2 that I've looked at and said, "holy crap, it looks beat up and worn out." It's sorta like envisioning a 2010 pickup 10-15 years from now, if you know what I mean.
  6. serafii

serafii Senior Member

Thanks guys!
    One thing I can say is trying to prep the A frame and everything but the plow sucks. So many little tight spots to sand and grind down.
  7. serafii

serafii Senior Member

RepoMan..that mm2 caught a beating since 2006. That's one thing I'm not shy to admit is that I have no pitty for my trucks and plows during a snow storm. And these new plows are made like paper. I'd never trade my speedcast for a mm2

BDEMOTT Senior Member

Did you make those wings or adid u purchase them. I think they are great and i am looking for some info on them.
  9. serafii

serafii Senior Member

the wings on the mm2 were purchased from my local fisher dealer. The ones on the speedcast were custom/modified to fit that plow. I've repaired enough of them to know exactly how to build a set. If u need any info feel free to ask.
  10. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looking great nice work
  11. DrakeSabitch

DrakeSabitch Senior Member

yea for a MM2, that blade looks like it saw war. nice work on the reinforcements and paint
  12. serafii

serafii Senior Member

Ya the mm2 def saw better days. Hopefully the reinforcements will help.
  13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

It looks like brand new. Great work.
  14. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Definitely looks much better. I like those wings as well, must help in lots.
  15. serafii

serafii Senior Member

The wings are awesome. My dad never used a set until 2006 when we bought the sierra. Since then he refuses to work without them.
  16. plowguy43

How do they affect angling/windrowing when plowing?
  17. serafii

serafii Senior Member

While windrowing they just fill up n the snow just rolls off as it would if they weren't there. Works like a charm
  18. plowguy43

Interesting. I've never seen those at a Fisher dealer before. Is it just your local dealer makes them for Fishers?
  19. serafii

serafii Senior Member

I think most dealers throughout quebec produce them for fisher plows. Very rare to see wings other than these ones on a plow. Even the snowdogg plows come with wings like mine.

A buddy of mine got his plow installed in vermont and asked for a back drag and these wings n the lady there said " no sir, those are canadian things, we don't do that here"
  20. plowguy43

Of course! Thanks anyways, and great job on restoring that plow!