1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Re-use of mounts on new vehicle?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by southshoreman, Oct 29, 2010.

1. southshoreman

southshoreman Junior Member

I've got a Fisher minutemount homesteader plow for my Yukon XL, which has essentially bitten the dust. I'm about to get a 2004 Chevy Tahoe and am wondering whether the hardware that was installed on the vehicle, to which the plow attaches, as well as the wiring going into the compartment area, to which the joystick attaches, can be removed and reinstalled on the Tahoe. I'm not very mechaniclly inclined so unfortunately it's not intuitive whether it can be done or not. Thanks very much.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  2. southshoreman

T be clear, when I first got the plow, the seller installed the brace/hardare and wiring on the Yukon XL and what I'm wondering is whether I can have the same removed from the Yukon and installed on the Tahoe.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

For mount compatibility it depends on what year the previous Tahoe was. 2000 or newer yes, pre-2000 no.

4. southshoreman

Thanks very much. My Yukon is a 2000 so hopefully the transfer can go OK.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You're good on the mount then but you will require a headlamp harness change if it's running a 4 port Isolation module. Everything else (wiring related) is good though.