1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RE: Osborn Services

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by NWSnowandIce, Oct 20, 2014.

1. NWSnowandIce

NWSnowandIce Junior Member

Hi folks,
    Just wanted to give a little feedback to Jason Osborn who builds Unimount u/c kits. I ordered 2 for 99-04 F2,350's. He informed me all necessary hardware and fasteners were included. This is what I received, definitely wont be ordering any more. It sure would be nice to find someone who builds unimount kits like western built them...

There were no fasteners, and these definitely aren't ready to "bolt" on. I tried finding some reviews of them online, but found nothing, nor any pictures so decided to take one for the team.

20141020_120353.jpg

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Is this the guy in Chicago?

3. NWSnowandIce

He's in roscoe

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Yea what a joke!!! He puts ads on clist all over!!!

5. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Sorry for your loss! Something should be done with someone like that.

6. NWSnowandIce

The kit will work, but I will have far more labor into it then expected. Which really sucks for my customer and the quote I gave. I couldn't imagine a guy who doesn't do this kinda thing every day ordering this kit expecting it to bolt on. I'd be pissed. I have no interest in contacting the guy for any reason. Most likely he'll see this at some point or another and get the hint. Being 2000 miles away, this is the best I can do short of sending them back hoping to get a refund.

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Send an email asking for the rest of the parts. And highlight the "complete kit" part and see what he says

8. NWSnowandIce

To be honest, I don't even have an email address of his. It was all done by phone. He sounded half way legit and I sent a check. If it was via credit card I'd have half a notion to cancel payment. I partially blame myself for not getting pictures. No ad of his I'd seen included any pictures.

The BOSS kit for that era of Ford is flat out built to the hilt. It weighs over 100 lbs an strengthens the hell out of the front portion of the frame. There are literally about 16 bolts that fasten to the frame. I'm somewhat apprehensive since there's obviously a reason BOSS built such a HD u/c kit for that rig. I cant remember seeing a factory western unimount kit for the same truck, but I assume it's a lot heavier then Osborne's.

9. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

Never pay for anything with a check. ONLY pay with a credit card. If theres a problem, file a complaint and get your money back. I hate scamers

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014