1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

re lettering my truck!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by clc2007, Jan 16, 2012.

1. clc2007

clc2007 Member

I will be re lettering my truck next week. Not sure what all to include im geting rear window,both doors and both sides of the box done. We offer lawn,snow&ice management we have no website, so what do you guys suggest? I want a clean professional look that grabs attention. Also not sure what color to use truck is white with tinted windows i have all sno-pro equipment for plowing so i was leaning twards orange?
  2. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

My dad had a white truck with a white cap on the back, on the side doors he put his name, phone, and other info he wanted. I remember reading somewhere that RED was the color that attracted people's attention and brought them into stores and thats why companies use it in their logos (target, McDonalds, etc etc etc) so he went with red, of course now he put the white cap on his blueish new truck, and it stands out more! You would think it hurts his business, but people remember it now LOL. Just keep it simple.
  3. clc2007

clc2007 Member

Red would look ok i guess, thinking of puting logo on door phone number on front fenders,lawncare/snow&ice management on box also on box will be resi/com, 24 hour snow&ice
  4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Orange will look fine if your trying to keep your truck and plow equipment all matching. Any color will stand out on white except of course white. Check your local laws, you may need to upgrade to commercial plates, if you haven't done that already.
  5. clc2007

clc2007 Member

I have commercial plates and insurance
  6. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

Talk to a sign guy have him do up some templates this can all be done on there expensive software!
  7. shoeman68

shoeman68 Member

This is a good color combo over black. "Landscaping Snow & Ice Management"

8. clc2007

clc2007 Member

Got the truck re letterd today! Will post pics wednesday my computer crashed and cant figure out how to upload from my phone
  9. clc2007

clc2007 Member

here is the pics!!! your thoughts are welcome

plow pics 012.jpg

plow pics 011.jpg

plow pics 010.jpg

plow pics 009.jpg

plow pics 008.jpg