1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Re: Home Depot

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jax1013, Nov 17, 2004.

1. jax1013

jax1013 Senior Member

Can anyone please tell me if US Maintenance has the contract for Home Depot. The reason i ask is they called me on Friday and asked for a bid. I did some research and spoke with a guy from Long Island that has 5 Home depots. He has never heard of US Maintenance. He deals directly with the HQ. I thought if they had the stores they would have all of them . If your interested in what they offered:
    1"-3" =$300
    3"-6" = $405
    6"-9" =$510
    9"-12" =$620... $120 salt application. I got a good laugh at these #'s...I multiplyed everything by 4 and faxed it back. Needless to say i haven't heard from them..the stores are 70000 sq ft and 95000 sq ft. They said even though they are different sizes its still the same price...Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated..
    JM

2. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

sound's pretty cheap

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

A friend of mine does the local one here and he was contracted through Home Depot themselves. Personally, I wouldn't even start my truck for the prices that you mentioned. You sound like you're in the ball park by multiplying them by 4.

4. JRDabs

JRDabs Junior Member

US Maintenance is based out of West Chester PA. Very Similar to DENTCO (National Property Maintenance Company). They acquuire Large Accounts and sub the work out. I cant believe those prices! They seem to be extremely low. It is my understanding that they did acquire alot of the Home Depot Sites as well as most of the NE Target stores. How many Sq. Feet is the site?

5. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

And they probably sub it out for 1/8 of the price they get for it. Sub contracting is big money in many fields including snowplowing. I am just a small timer doing a few driveways but I would never even consider working for one of those contractors. You do the work and they make the money :nono: .

6. North Country

North Country Senior Member

US does not have the Depot's in our area, we were dealing with someone else. Those prices are ridiculous!

There is no way you could even hit the insurance requirements for that money! - Stay Away! - michael

7. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

I hope those are ...Per hour....rates and not flat rate !!!!! BTW $120 to salt a HD parking lot ROFLMAO :redbounce

8. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I helped a frined out last year plomwg/saltnig one here in NJ. He's contracted through HD themselves.

Those rate are umm, a little off though!!

9. jax1013

jax1013 Senior Member

If you can believe it those quotes were per event...not even per-push..I'm going to do as you guys say is best and it seems like stay away from it is the best thing to do.. Thanks for the input..be safe..

10. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I would give them your bid and tell them "Honestly, if you can get it done for that price than I would go for it. Unfortunately, you will not get as good a quality service as you will from me. I hope all works well and I hope to hear from you soon." Also state that if he calls you in the middle of the season because the other contractor walks away from the job the prices MAY change.

11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I thought someone asked earlier how long it would take to plow a parking lot. The response was 1 acre per hour. That smaller lot is less then 2 acres. With this is mind can it not be done in under 2 hours with a 3"-4" snowfall. The salting price is way off. I would salt that for $300/visit and my cost with bulk salt would be approx. $100. In and out in 15 minutes max. Fire away!

12. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

home depot??

i wouldnt waste my time they have called me a few times an they sub everything out to another maint. company an there headquarters is in ashland kentucky . i talked to the guy last year an there prices are dirt cheap . i wouldnt do home depot here on a 1-3 inch snow for less than 800 no less hell they have 5 acres of parking!! then the worst is they make ya wait 3 months for a check !!

13. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 Member

I have a friend that plows the local Home Depot. They use big equipment, Cat Grader with a 14' blade, Deere Backhoe, Deere 744 front end loader, and a Deere 247 tracked skid steer. I don't know his price to the dollar but each piece of equipment has an hourly rate between $90 an hour to $200 an hour (not per push or event) I believe that with all his equipment running HD is being charged around $600 an hour. This doesn't include the salting in front of the main entrance and exit to the buildings, I have no idea what he gets for that. Anyway last year HD wanted them there if there was 1" or more snow, a normal storm was costing them around $10000. When we asked why they wanted us there with only 1" of snow and told the manager what it would cost him for us to be there he stated and I quote "Do you know what it would cost me if someone slips and falls out here!!!"

Give them what it is worth, if they don't want to pay you to do the job right they will pay some other way (Lawsuit) and next year think twice when you tell them the same price.