1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Re Fluid Film

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by garleness, Oct 29, 2008.

1. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

Ok Canadian tire stocks this stuff. Plow is built and mount is on everything works great, So tommorrow im going to buy a couple of cans of fluid film. and guess im going to coat all the electrics under the cover right????????? wax the lexan blade and then im waiting for it to snow all post pics after this weekend when i put it back on the truck for now its in the garage staying warm and dry till i coat it. Thanks for all the help you guys have been great in helping out.

2. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

Nobody have any thought on coating the electrical connections under the black box?

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Just spay it everywhere under there and everywhere else on your truck, that's what we do.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

After we service a unit we spray the entire pump package down before replacing the pump cover.

5. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

what is fluid film anyway. will it not let the snow stick to the blade?

6. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Fluid film is an amazing product! It just blows away wd 40 & liquid wrench. Nothing causes more corrosion issues on metal than fertilizer, since we started using FF we are holding our own in the corrosion battle and in field equipment failures are far less frequent.

7. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

Ok thanks guys just wanted to make sure before i sprayed it down. If your in Canada the most common stores to buy it are Canadian Tire, John Deere, and Lee Valley. any last thoughts on waxing the poly board or do you just use the fluid film

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I don't use anything, the Poly is slippery enough with out it.