1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

re;condo complex

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jax1013, Oct 1, 2004.

1. jax1013

jax1013 Senior Member

good evening gang,
    looking for some help ...property mgt co asked me for a bid on a condo complex w/ 75 units...each unit is to be supplied a 10 lb bag of cal.chloride..they need a price...homeowner will salt their own walk..have you ever heard of this???

they also have 3 small parking lots...probably 200' by 25' that would only take a few min...maybe 10-15 min each...

they also want the common area s/w done..i haven't done much s/w work ever so not really to familiar w/ the pricing...
    * if you can picture a large rectangle complex maybe 2 football fields long..and 100' yards wide..that would be the exterior perimeter...
    * interior perimeter would be same configuration..only smaller ..not only that they want the s/w done from the interior common area up to the individuals front door..
    * even if you paid the paper boy you would give him $10 bucks...and to boot they are looking for a seasonal contract...
    * we average about 6 services a year maybe 25-40 inches on a good year...any help would be greatly appreciated...most of the s/w can be done w/ our quad...up to the front door would have to be w/ blowers...thanks guys..
  2. gpin

gpin Senior Member

My personal experience w/ condos has been negative. The residents come and go at different times and are typically complainers, trying to get you to fix dents in their cars. They park in the worst areas and want all snow removed the minute they want to leave. About 75% of the condo developments we did did not have enough room to pile snow after the 1st storm due to landscaping so be careful in evaluating where you can pile the snow. We have a ten wheeler dump and access to a triaxle and we charged by the load to get it out. We stopped doing all condos, the following year we were invited back as the new contractor had no means to remove the build up and did five figures of damage to landscaping. Don't get me wrong, you can make $, but I found more $ and less aggravation in commercial lots. Success with condos demands that your people have to be very careful and courteous to the most ridiculous issues that the condo owners call in to the management company.