1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

re-cap of the last week

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dirtmandan2, Dec 11, 2008.

1. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

4 " storm, 2" storm, 1" storm, 61/2" storm... 1 truck down with front end problems, my fault, I knew there were issues with it and it should have been fixed this fall, will fix it this weekend. 140 man hours of plowing, hired 1 guy yesterday with no experience, we'll see how that goes...fired one guy this morning. sent him out with 5 hour list and told him to call me when they were done, never did get a hold of him the rest of the night, turns out he went home after he was done, so now he's done. Now I just need to find 1 more decent guy and will be going strong again. If this winter is anything like the last week I might go bald but make a buck or two...

2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Ahh, the joys... So you guys are getting more snow than us again this year. Good luck w/ the truck and manpower. And BTW how do you like your 1875? I just picked one up.

3. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

I think it works great, but it's also the only one ive ever used... last year I spread wet salt sand and I had to have a guy ride in the back to push it down. It kept bridging. since then I took off the shield inside the hopper thats over the auger and no more problems...