1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RC30 and RC50

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Oct 5, 2005.

1. i was wondering if anyone has used a rc30 or rc50 i am looking to buy one of these not really sure ive rented the rc30 before and like that alot.
  2. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Not the RC series, but I had an ASV MD2810 that we used in the snow, great machine, would get another in a heart beat. 8' pusher box, very productive!
  3. snoking

snoking Senior Member

dont go smaller than the 50....the get too light...my 50 is almost perfect for what i do....has good push, decent lifting....
  4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I demoed a RC-30 and a RC-50. Then when the RC-60 came out. That too. Trust me. Get the RC-60 its the same size the RC-50 but more of everything. Everyone who has demoed the RC-50 and RC-60 has bought the RC-60. I will have one soon as I have the payup
  5. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Definately go with the RC50 and a Blizzard 810.

6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Dude thats the set up I want. Last week someone mention that you could put a spreader on the back. Well that right there is the proof.

Hmmm RC-60 w/ blizzard 810 and fisher speed caster two. Now thats is sweet. :drinkup: Sounds better than spending a day in bed with Pamela Anderson. :rolleyes: purplebou :p
  7. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

Have you guys really had good luck witht the BLIZZARD 810SS
    plows. I bought one for my Cat 262 skid steer. That plow was the biggest pain in the rear, the wings always got stuck, the wing cutting edges worn out twice as fast, as the rest of the plow. I cracked almost every crappy factory weld on the plow mounts. This plow was junk. I ended up selling the plow with only 20 plows on it for $500.00. We had the same skid steer with a Snow wolf straight plow --9ft straight, not a single problem, and did a better faster job. just my 02Cents, but backed up from experience.
  8. captaingreen

captaingreen Junior Member

This may be a dumb question, but I noticed the block heater as optional equipment on the RC series machine I was looking at. Do you need a block heater if you are going to be pushing snow? I live in mid Missouri where are winters usually don't get quite to 0 at worst.
  9. Rc-60

What does a RC-60 cost??