1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rattle noise when engine is shut off

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dlcs, Jan 31, 2011.

1. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

My 07 NBS Chevy 2500 6.0 has a rattle noise when the key is turned off. Sounds like its coming from the front of the truck. Kinda sounds like sheet metal rattling, happens just before everything stops, after the key is turned off. I don't hear it when the engine is running, could this be just the exhaust?

2. Mister Plow

Mister Plow Senior Member

Probably the heat shield around the catalytic converter. They are famous for rusting off the mounting points and rattling at certain RPMs or when shutting off.

3. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Sounds more like its coming from the front of the truck but I guess the sound could travel too. During the last storm I backed into a snow pile and tweaked the tailpipe some. Might have somethign to do with that. Thanks for the help.Thumbs Up

4. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

well I figured out what the rattle was, starter went out. Truck will not start this morning.