1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rattle from dash `05 Sierra Denali

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by tuna, Mar 20, 2009.

1. tuna

tuna Senior Member

:gunsfiring:This F-ing truck is not half the truck my 3 F 150`s were.Every week it has a new rattle or problem.The latest is a rattle when I hit a bump coming from either the top of the steering column or behind the lower part of the gauge panel .It also has a rattle coming from under the passengers seat that I have just learned to live with.3 more of my radio lights are out in addition to the 3 that were out when I bought it in August and now the volume control on the steering wheel does not light up any more,my power locks are getting real slow and I still have not even fixed the wipers.I am dissgusted by GM `s quality controll and see why they are in trouble.

2. KSikkema

KSikkema Senior Member

lots of gm cars and trucks had trouble with the intermediate steering shaft. there is a lack of grease in it and it will rattle every time you hit a bump. there is a tsb on this and a kit available from gm with the special grease. it is a very easy fix to remove the shaft and grease it up. sorry about the lights that are out, you'll have to get new switches for the steering wheel as the lights are not available separately (or live with it)

3. tuna

tuna Senior Member

The int shaft was bad when I bought the truck so the dealer replaced it.I will try greasing it ,thank you.