1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ratio for presurre washer

Discussion in 'Salt Away' started by fireside, Jan 13, 2009.

1. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I tried using salt away after washing the trucks then washed them down with the product. It left spots all over the trucks the windows were very difficult to clean off. I applyed it using a pressure washer out of the container the instructions were not very clear on how to apply it using one. Did i use it at the wrong ratio? If not that will be the last time i ever use it after cleaning it off 4 trucks it was too much work getting the spots off.
  2. saltaway

saltaway Junior Member

I am very surprised to learn spots were left on the surface since Salt-Away has a rinse aid in it. But if Salt-Away was not diluted prior to dispensing it from a pressure washer, I believe that could have been the reason.
    Salt-Away is meant to be used at 512 to 1 ratio for your applications.
    Sometimes it is difficult to know how much to dilute the product if you
    don't have the owner's manual that states how many gallons of water are dispensed per 1 gallon of chemical.

What most of the customers do to get it diluted correctly while using a
    pressure washer, is connect the Salt-Away Mixing Unit to the garden hose in-line between the water spigot and the connector to the pressure washer. The Mixing Unit dispenses the product at the correct ratio while passing the water through it and into the pressure washer.

I don't blame you for being discouraged and spending so much time cleaning your trucks of spots when the whole point of using Salt-Away is to get your trucks clean. But we stand behind our product and buy back any product from a customer who is not happy. If you are interested in selling us the remaining amount of Salt-Away, please respond to this email privately to exchange information, and we will honor our warrantee.

Best regards,
    Lenora Meister
    Salt-Away Products, Inc.
    1533 McFadden Avenue
    Suite B
    Santa Ana, CA 92705