1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ratings column

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by karl klein, Mar 7, 2002.

1. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

why is the ratings column never used

2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

I think it may be because either 1] members may not be aware of it (bottom right corner of the page, you can assign a rating of 1 thru 5 to a thread) or 2] just aren't overly concerned with assigning a "value" figure.

Just my thoughts!

3. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I think it is hard to rate a thread considering what I think is repetitive information, or "everyone knows that" may save the next guy hours of frustration. TO me the thread may be a 1, but to him it would be tops!

~Chuck

4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I don't use it for all of the above reasons. I just don't see a point in starting a "ratings" war! That could serve to make us reluctant to post.

5. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Kind of seems useless to me. Does it have to be there, I mean is it part of the template or something that could be removed and give more room to the page? All of us don't have large screens.

Bruce

6. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

I couldn't resist !