1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rather noisy going from P to R

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by oldsw-31, Jan 5, 2006.

1. oldsw-31

oldsw-31 Member
    from mass

I here this clunk noise and it get amplified in the driveshaft. Almost like there is too much backlash in the rear end. also sometimes when I go over bumps under no load I hear a rattle type noise. when under a load its not there. Its too damn cold out to drive with the window down but it sounds like it right behind me.
  2. Rodd1

Rodd1 Member

I had the same problem on my 99 1500 it was the rear ujoints they were very stiff might look there first
  3. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

I just looked into your profile and it sates you have your ford,Now is this noise in your 05 Chevy?
  4. oldsw-31

oldsw-31 Member
    from mass

Yes I have a 89 Ford F250 and I just bought a 2500HD . its the 2500hd that has the clunk noise. As far ar the noise going over bumps it only seems to do it when coasting
  5. As far as the noise in the back goes, I'd start with the little plastic bumper thing that is probably missing from you rear leaf springs. It's a common problem and should be covered under warranty. It makes an annoying noise.