1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rates

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by skinut2234, Dec 13, 2005.

1. skinut2234

skinut2234 Member
    from NJ

I've done some small lots for friends this past storm. I now have someone calling me to price out a mid-sized lot which is a church and school. What is good rate to charge by hour? I just an idea before I call him when he asks what is a fair price?

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Cover your time, fuel, truck payment, insurance, and make some money for yourself.

3. westwind

westwind Member

yep, areas are all different. find out your cost first.

4. frostservices

frostservices Member

You can`t figure on covering all these on one lot unless it`s a pretty big lot. Anywhere from $80-$200 an hour is average for plowing .When you bid a site remember to average stuff out. And make sure you bid it high enuff to cover yourself if you need to hire a sub if worse comes to worse.
    Seth