1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by wedge88, Dec 7, 2005.

1. wedge88

wedge88 Junior Member

Is it better to charge by the hour for residential neighborhoods or by figuring an amount per sq/ft. and charging per push.. Just curious. I know if I ask what to charge I will get a lot of questions asking about conditions so I will keep this real basic. Thanks
  2. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

I look strictly at the time involved for any job quote. I consider how long to do the job as well as the travel time. My goal is $150.00 per hour when plowing. Hope this helps :salute:
  3. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

Strictly Per Push Considering U Come Every 4 Inches
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I agree in the $100 to $175 an hr ball park, as the lay out of the lot can make a big difference in time. So you have to set a minn price? What can you afford to do to your customers lot/drive/plow/shovel/salt, and still make some money?
  5. wedge88

wedge88 Junior Member

Thanks for the info. I plow driveways now but looking to put a plow on truck next year.
  6. smurf76

smurf76 Junior Member

I must say that I am amazed at the prices you all quoted. I live in souther PA and most of us in the area are inthe 60-80 hr range. Avg. paved drive 25 small lots 40 gravel drives good luck on that quote.

hope this helps
  7. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Around here we are around $75.00 an hour +/- a little!