1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rates in wisconsin

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by gixxer27, Dec 2, 2009.

1. gixxer27

gixxer27 Junior Member

What is a good way to go about charging,bidding jobs. I see some are hourly and some by the push. second what is the going rate for salting.

lets say i have a 20,000 sqft lot, how do i know what would be paid.

if someone says $50 per push and another is $50 per hour. how do i know they wont milk it for 2 hours.

im new to all this so dont rip on me tooo bad.. use to the warm southern weather.
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Go to the "bidding " forum and read ALL the posts about pricing.
    Salting usually depends on amount of material used.
    Pricing plowing depends on equipment
  3. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I think a flat rate is more fair for all involved. It evens the playing field and keeps shady contractors from bidding low hourly rates only to pad hours or "milk it" as you said on the bill. But if you're not comfortable with flat rate bidding yet, bid hourly with a one or two hr. minimum. Don't bid too low!