1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rates in Northwest PA

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by lbfmd, Sep 22, 2009.

1. lbfmd

lbfmd Member

Hey any guys from north of Pittsburgh, we are thinking of moving and trying to do some research on pricing in this area. I keep telling my wife there is less money to be made up here plowing because everyone does it and she does not listen so need some idea to show here. She wants to move somewhere between Pitt and Butler, PA.

Any help with rates for a 3/4ton with plow would be great since thats what i run.

thanks for any help

2. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck Member

i am east off pittsburgh but prices should be simmilair i am a sub with a 3/4 ton dodge diesel with plow and v box and a one ton dump with plow and spreader as backup i get paid $45 an hour plus they buy my salt and i do my personal accounts on the way to theres hope this helps you out

3. PGHplowguy

PGHplowguy Senior Member

Hello,
    I am in Pittsburgh. Figure you want to stay at least $125 per hour plus your salt costs. If you do get here get ready for the parade of idiot low ballers. I'm not sure if there are more idiot plowers or idiot landscapers.

I run two 1-ton dumps. Keep in mind your insurance costs. If you are doing lots you will most likely need at least a 2 M coverage.

Don't be a low baller!!