1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rates in Central New York

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by SnowOps, Oct 1, 2013.

1. SnowOps

SnowOps Junior Member

Well, i have a new business, but I am not "new" to the business, have been out of the game for a few years, and now im back in. Curious as to what others are doing in my area when bidding jobs. The numbers I used to use to come up with contract or per plow rates was $120 an hour....and I used 23 plows for an average season. So, example, if I were bidding a commercial lot that would take me 1 hour to plow, my seasonal bid would be as follows: (1 hour per plow at $120 x 23 average plows /season = $2760 for seasonal rate. Now it has been 5 years since I have been in the game, are these numbers still good, or has a lot changed where I should be adjusting my rate or number of average plows?
    Obviously sidewalks and salt are different, but Im just trying tio figure out if im still playing the game right..

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

How much does it cost you per hour for labor X 5. that's my rough for me. If I want to pay 30, I need to charge 150.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  3. SnowOps

SnowOps Junior Member

right now its just my partner and I, but when I had drivers before, $25 an hour was the going rate for drivers in my trucks...and i have heard that is still pretty much the going rate around town here.

4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

In Rochester you would be waaaaay high.

5. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

You got that right RLM...

6. SnowOps

SnowOps Junior Member

What are the rates in Rochester? And do you get as much snow as we do in Syracuse?