1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rate per hour for my truck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DuallySnoPusher, Nov 21, 2006.

1. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

I was asked to sub for a company that promised me that i could plow as long as i wanted during a storm. I have never been a sub always done my own thing and he asked me what i would run my truck and salter for per hour? All commercial

Ford F350 Dually Diesel Long Bed
    8.5 Western
    Western Tornado Salter

Any info would be great!!
  2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

up here in north Mo very luck to get $50. that's what i pay my sub w/ his 74 hp bobcat w/ 9 footer. most guys are getting around $25-$30
  3. CTerrySGD

CTerrySGD Member

That would be very low for my area. You'd see 70-85 an hour in the Philadelphia area......

Good luck!

4. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

Thanks i really appreciate the input!!
  5. polarplowing

polarplowing Member

Up here in Grand Forks, ND I'm getting $60 per hour with my Cummins and 8'2" Boss. Have had no complaints and have plenty of customers at that price.
  6. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

in des moines im getting 60 pr hr with a 7"6

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

:) Cincinnati is paying $65.00 HR for subs thats just in the truck no salt. It is $50.00 for quads and $30.00 for the walk or ground guys. Thats what the pay you per man now what you pay your help is a different question.:)
  8. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

im about 40mins outside of philly and guys would get 65-85 for the plow then another 50-100 depending on salt spreader....tailgate less v box more...and not payin for salt...at least thats what our one truck got...86 chevy 1ton dump with 8.5' meyers and a vbox in the bed...one lot the whole time...we got the 85 for the truck 90 for the salt...but i dunno what others are going for...we put all our trucks on that lot but mine and i do his driveways with my truck....
  9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

$55.00-$60.00 an hour.
  10. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

$80 an hour