1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rate my new truck 06 GMC 2500HD

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Lowell_Ma_Snow, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Lowell_Ma_Snow

Lowell_Ma_Snow Member

Just bought this truck today for $16G, 2006 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD loaded. It's only a 7 1/2 blade but it'll have to do for driveways compared to my other 8' plow on the 2000 GMC . This should make plowing this year with a low stress level knowing I shouldn't have any major problems if at all none.......knock on wood. Did I mention it has a new backdrag blade, real light and well made.

Vehicle Description
    LEATHER LOADED SIERRA 2500 HD EXTENDED CAB 4X4 WITH 7.5' FISHER MINUTE MOUNT PLOW W/BACK DRAG BLADE. HEATED LEATHER SEATS WITH A BOSE SOUND SYSTEM. CAPTAINS CHAIRS FOR ULTIMATE COMFORT.

Vehicle Options
    4 Door, Extended Cab, 4 Wheel Drive, Automatic Transmission, Alloy Wheels, Bedliner, New Tires, Running Boards, Splash guards, Tonneau Cover, Towing Package, Air Conditioning, Center Console, Cruise Control, Dual Climate Control, Heated Mirrors, Heated Seats, Leather Seats, Power Door Locks, Power Mirrors, Power Seats, Power Steering, Power Windows, Tilt Steering, Tinted Windows, Alarm, AM/FM Radio, Anti-theft, CD Player, Homelink, Information Center, Keyless Entry, Memory Seats, On Star, Steering Wheel Controls, Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Trailer Brake System, Trip/Mileage Computer, Antilock Brakes, Driver Air Bag, Passenger Air Bag, Signal Mirrors

8D1418D9-1C8E-4ABE-91F0-EF4D95F176BE_1.jpg

8D1418D9-1C8E-4ABE-91F0-EF4D95F176BE_2.jpg

8D1418D9-1C8E-4ABE-91F0-EF4D95F176BE_4.jpg

8D1418D9-1C8E-4ABE-91F0-EF4D95F176BE_7.jpg

8D1418D9-1C8E-4ABE-91F0-EF4D95F176BE_5.jpg

2. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher and GMC Nice!!

9/10

3. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Thats an awesome truck

4. Lowell_Ma_Snow

Lowell_Ma_Snow Member

Thanks DareDog and Andy, did some hunting and liked what I saw then test drove it. I fell in love like a high school kid drooling over most popular girl on campus. She's so fine I nearly stained the leather

5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

8.9/10....10/10 if 8'+ and diesel.....SWEET truck tho man!! I wouldnt mind it :p :D

6. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Nice truck. Whats under the hood?? 6.0??

7. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

It's gotta be as there is no Alison-Duramax logo above the GMC 2500HD logo

8. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

almost identical to mine i love it and stress dose go way down i went from a 88 1-ton to this and it was like plowing with a cadillac. i have the 6 liter but i think you can get these with a 8 liter also?

9. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

i noticed your step-ups are close to the cab like mine i hate it the paints chipping off from my boots hitting it. I'd hate to lower them tho might just rubber it

10. UnderhillSC

UnderhillSC Junior Member

Great looking truck, i've always loved that color. Good luck with it!

11. Lowell_Ma_Snow

Lowell_Ma_Snow Member

You got it dude Vortec 6.0. I opened the hood and you could carve a turkey on the motor. Pic down below

Haven't yet experienced the paint chipping off the boots. I just figured the step ups were for show tho I won't use them, my legs are long enough I can get up easier in this truck than my wifes Sebring. Feels like I'm dragging my butt on the ground driving her car. I take the truck everywhere, never know when I'll see a metal shelving unit curb side.

Thanks man, never had silver, been told it doesn't show the salt and crap but I'll still was her a day or 2 after I'm done plowing.

vortec19.jpg

12. nhgranite

nhgranite Senior Member
    from N.H

you got that rig for 16g? good for you. i've been looking for awhile around n.h and mass and you couldn't touch that now for under 19g's. plowing in style.how many miles on it?

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Crew cab long bed with a 7'6" moldboard? I'd start looking to upgrade that to an 8'6" before the snow gets here.:nod:

14. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

What about the mileage? The only thing I would do is pull that pin striping off that was added aftermarket.

15. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

look sharp! plow does too....Basher, that's an ext. cab short box. My dads office has an 03 that is exactly the same as that truck (color & plow, just unloaded inter.) and the 7.5' does great on the truck. Personally it wouldn't be my first choice either for a plow for that truck but it will definitely work for driveways and small lots. Again, very nice truck!

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Regular cab, crew cab, extended cab, long bed, short bed, flat bed, seven foot six inches isn't enough blade to make a full size truck efficient. Angle the blade and it's seventy seven inches, what's your track? Keep the windows up around bushes or you'll have a cab/lap full of leaves, needles, twigs and snow. Gets real tough to work close to other vehicles when your mirrors are wider then your plow. The excess time cleaning up the packed snow from running over it with the inside rear wheel is a pain. Plowing close to walls, bushes, snow stacks you will find snow balls rolling back into the side of your truck. Yes, you can do it but I'd be looking for an upgrade.

17. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I almost got one just like that color and all with out the blade but it was the diesel version the only thing i didn't care for is looking thu the back with the dark glass when plowing especially at night in tight spots for what i plow plus it was a short bed i wanted an 8' but would of been too long with the extened cab. but it was a sweet ride .

good luck with her

18. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

real sharp looking truck....good luck with itpayup

19. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Nice ride.

20. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ditto ditto ditto...and absolutely. Nice truck and purchase price, just need more width if you're doing residential and small areas with it.

If you're concerned about keeping the mirrors on it of course. :cool: