1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rate for Backhoe?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by McKeeLand, Feb 25, 2003.

1. McKeeLand

McKeeLand Junior Member

Just wondering what everone gets for a backhoe, both what they pay their subs and what they charge their customers. Right now we get $75/hr when we sub from someone else and I charge around $190/hr to my customers. Thanks guys.

2. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

We get $125-$150 an hour to sub them out.

3. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

125-150 an hr around here also.

4. CWE71

CWE71 Junior Member
    from KANSAS

What size backhoe are you guys talking about ? And is this just for pushing snow ? Also what are your labor rates ?

5. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

our 4x4 case backhoe is $155 with just the bucket and $210 with the protec snowpusher

6. McKeeLand

McKeeLand Junior Member

Are backhoe is a 94' Cat 426B 4x4, with a 1.25 yard bucket. We sub the machine by its self and the sub puts on a 14' ProTec pusher on it. The reason I'm asking is because the rate he is paying seems to be a little low. Exspecially when u guys say ur getting $120/hr plus to sub out.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2003
  7. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

your getting the shaft especially if he is putting on that pusher !!tell him bucket alone 100 an if he puts the pusher on 150 minimum .with the pusher its putting alot more wear an tear an stress on your machine !!

8. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak Member

We get $ 75/ hr for our Bobcat with 1 yard bucket. BUT I have heard of guys around here only charging $ 65/hr for a Backhoe simliar to yours. Guys is homebuilder primailry dose a decent amount of snow work though (more than we do), runs like 4 truck & 2 backhoes with pusher. That rate is for stacking.
    It's insane how much the rates vary I wish every one would get on same page around here. Customers really need to educate themselves.

9. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

It would be nice to see the pricing set at some kind of min.Then atleast every one would be on some kinf of stable playing field.If you want to go higher you can but $75 should be the bare min and work the numbers from there or do lower with min # of hours.

10. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

175 to 270 per hour with a 3 hour min.snow removal with the case goes for 210.it all depends on the work.like if we prep pools we charge 120 for a 18 to 22 ft round pool.24 and up is 160.square pools are done by the hour.in ground pools are 170 per hour.just stacking snow or moving piles go for 150 to 220 per hour.we also like to use a plow truck to help out so thats another 125 an hour

11. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

$275.00 per hour minimum 3 hours JD 410 for contract customers and other companies the we ho ourselves out to. $350.00 per hour 3 hr minimum for 1 time jobs and new hires.