1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RANT What is up with Blizzard? No dealers anymore?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by butters, Sep 27, 2013.

1. butters

butters Member

Rant...

I bought a 2003 Chevy Silverado to swap my 760 LT plow over to from a 1989 Chevy. I thought this would be easy but all my local dealers are no longer 'dealers' and can't order parts. WTF?

I don't plow commercially but I have a 1/4 private road and couple of 400' driveways. I called every local dealer and they can't help me. Nearest one is now 170 miles away. What happened? Blizzard was once the best kept secret in snowplows. Now that Douglas Dynamics has them they are swept under the rug. :mad:

2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Call Quality Truck & Equipment. They have been very helpful as my local fisher dealer is about effing useless. They'll ship anything you need and its relatively cheap. Hope that helps.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yes the dealer support is bad. Depending upon what is needed a lot can be outsourced are you looking for anything specific?

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Is Ebling and Sons the one you are referring to?

They should be able to help and are great people.

5. TJSNOW

TJSNOW Senior Member

Well, Well, Well......Look who's Back.....It's the " Master" of West Michigan Snow Removal.....:laughing:....:laughing:...:waving:

6. butters

butters Member

I need a PH1 mount for a 2003 Chevy SIlverado and probably the wiring for the lights unless I can pull that off my 1989 Chevy truck.

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well. That might be hard to come by. Try just "searching" that and see what the computer gods come up with.

8. BladeBlowBucket

BladeBlowBucket Member

Something must be going on !!! :confused:….. in Western Canada we've had 3 distributors in the last 2 yrs ???? … as posted before "W T F " …… to top it off Dealers that were Dealers are no longer allowed to be Dealers for Blizzard !!! …… Again "WTF" ….. I've got a Warranty issue with mine and it's taken just over a year to sort out :realmad:…. The Dealer that sold it to me is busting their hump to get me thru this Thumbs Up…... to top it off it had to be done thru an Eastern Can. outlet … "Give me a Break"

Since the 2nd of Nov we've already had 4-events …… This is NO-WAY to do business …… I will wait to see where this all ends up, hopefully pretty Damn Quik before I open my mouth anymore !!!! …. :cool: