1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by lownrangr, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Here's a pic of my FX4 Level II Ranger with a 6'8'' Sno-Way Predator with down pressure. While I like the plow and have no complaints, I wasn't really looking to buying a Sno-Way specifically. This one kinda fell into my lap with a deal that was perfect. The truck does a really good job of pushing snow too. I have 4.0L SOHC V6, with a 5 speed auto, and 4.10 gears . Rock on. :gunsfiring:
  2. I probably should attach the picture first! :rolleyes:

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Good lookin truck. Don't beat it too hard though. Rangers and s10s aren't meant to handle the big stuff.:waving:
  4. Oh yeah, I'm real careful with it. But the guys that broke into it on sunday weren't at all. :realmad:
  5. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I've had that happen also:angry: I've thought about a type of car alarm where if someone breaks a window, there are some type of flamethrowers located under the vehicle which shoots flames ate the persons' legs.:confused: Just an idea.:nod:
  6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Nice ride, I have the type of alarm that if it goes off, the remote control will sound off as well so you can run out to your car and kick the living sh*t out of the person or persons breaking in. Really in all honesty if they want in they will get in.
  7. dieselman

dieselman Junior Member

hey guys. Thats a nice setup you got there lownrangr. i was wondering if it plows half as good as it looks
  8. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

How high can the ranger stack? looks like a nice little plow for the truck. How high is the moldboard? Noticed you did not get the plow lights do the regular headlights shine through the lexan moldborad well enough for you to see at night?

Also about the break in as said above you cant really stop it. if people want to get into a car/truck they will :angry: Where was it parked when it was broken into?
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2004
  9. actually it stacks pretty good. Not as good as a bigger plow, of course. I really couldn't tell ya exctally how high, but I did make a couple big piles. Yes, I do not have the lights for it. The guy I bought it off of didn't have them. It works out ok because when the blade is down the headlights shine over and when the blade is up, the fog lights shine under it. I think the moldboard is only like 16 inches(?)

As for my truck, yes if they really want in, they will get in. But it sucks that it was parked right front of my fraternity house. Damn neighbors, we must have partied too loud. :)
  10. Blamby

Blamby Junior Member

how much snow does the 6'8" St push? will it have any problems with the snow from the city plows at ends of driveways?
  11. well the most we got at one time this year was about 5-6 inches, and I didn't have any problems with that storm. And it has no problem dealing with the snow from the city trucks at all. Which is a good thing because I hate shoveling that stuff!
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2004
  12. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

hey how come you didnt get the light kit?
  13. I bought it used and the guy I bought it off of didn't have it. I kinda wish he did, but it's no big deal I guess.
  14. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

you may want to get it, our helpers truck didnt have it at first but then we had to get it, the blade will get snow stuck to it and it gets a little hard to see, especially since you have alot of glare reflected back on you in the cab.
  15. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member