1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ranger /small rig pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by RangerDogg, Jan 15, 2009.

1. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Just wanted to see everyone's small rig set up.I will post mine when i get another storm.I have a 2005 black ford ranger edge 4.0 . Thanks Scott.wesport

2. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

How does the Ranger push? I assume its 4x4?

3. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

I have owned a 03 f250 prior and plowed commercaly but sold it due to buying a home and gas prices.But i started plowing with a 92 ranger 3.9 before and i loved it awesome.So now im back to a ranger edge 4x4 4.0 edge .Just bought a md 68 snowdogg It plows awesome had for 3 weeks about five storms .Just dont like jack stand.Dont have pic yet but will soon.

4. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Sorry it pushes awesome .I used to plow 2 conv store and a big lot and driveways with old plow.Less gas two.I also had to plow a storm before with 1 1/2 foot and a layer of ice with the old ranger never had problem.

5. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

6. mreamer

mreamer Member

Good deal RangerDogg, I too have a ranger - '01 reg. cab 4x4 with the Edge package, 4.0, auto. Do you have any pictures?

7. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

mreamer ,sorry not yet just joined its going in tomorrow for timbrens.But i will soon as it snows again.Nice truck pearclawn.

8. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

What I use to plow with befroe I traded it in...
    [​IMG]
    What I got now, I would like a homesteader for it but they are rather expensive...
    [​IMG]

9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

Heres a shot of our small rig. We use it to plow sidewalks and a parking garage roof. We run ice melt through the downeaster electric spreader and it has a snoway 22 series plow on the front with a rubber edge.

DSC00009.jpg

10. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

That's a nice looking truck. How do you like the 22?

11. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

The guys love this truck. The plow is extremely fast, and is perfect for what we need it to do. At first we saw the plow once it was installed and thought it would be a piece of junk, but it has turned out to be a great little plow. The property we use it on has extremely wide and long sidewalks so this helps us get them done quicker in big events. The parking garage we plow won't allow anything over 1/2 ton to plow the roof, so we use this in conjunction with a bobcat. It suits us quite well.

12. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Hi STIK208 JASON I JUST GOT A SNOWDOGG INSTALLED AROUND 3 WEEK..I LOOKED AT CUTIRS HOME PRO INST 4,000.,HOMESTEADER 3,800,SNOW AWAY 4,400 WITH DOWN PRES THEN I WENT TO DEALER THAT I GOT CURTIC FROM AND HE SELLS SNOWDOGG MD68 3,200 INST OR A MD 75 FOR 3,300 BUT I HAVE A SMALL DRIVE SOO WENT WITH 68.I luv the plow real quick up down turn.Just dont like jack it was 380.AND IT STAINLESS. You should look into that plow.Hopefully you be plowin soon .Plows have gone way up in 5 years since i bought my curtis 8 snowpro for 3,100 installed.TLK TO YA.

13. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

MDB NICE CHEVY ALWAYS LIKED THAT TRUCK .kEEP PLOWIN AND SAVES ON GAS

14. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

88 Jeep comanche, I've always plowed with small trucks mostly Jeeps and a Scout II. At work I use a full size and I bet I could plow circles around it with this.

[​IMG]

15. Brandon

Brandon Member

Here's my '03 Ranger, 4.0L, 5-speed, and a 7'6" Sno-way. This was taken this summer with no ballast weight and junk tires. I'll have to get more pics up soon.

Picture 283b.jpg

16. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

sweet looking trucks guys love the little colorado esp. What motor do u have in it im looking at an '09 with the 5.3 V8 looks like it would make an awesome driveway truck.

17. mreamer

mreamer Member

Hey Brandon - didn't you have an older Ranger (maybe a '98) with a unimount? The '03 looks sweet!

18. Brandon

Brandon Member

Yep, I had a '97 with a 6'6" Unimount. Good little truck, but the new setup is much better. The old one is still going strong though. Thanks for the kind words.

19. cambridgeplace

cambridgeplace Junior Member

I don't have any pics yet, but have been plowing with my ranger for 12 years now.

1992 Ranger STX with Sno-Way 24d plow
    Works great. I like the agility of the ranger in small parking lots, and have yet to have a snow I could not handle with it.

20. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Stck208 how come you got ride of your old truck with curtis homepro .Do you like the hometseader better .I was wondering why u wont to go with that instead of a curtis again.