1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ranger services

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by kingcat400, Nov 16, 2011.

1. kingcat400

kingcat400 Member

i was looking at getting a mini edge from them off ebay. Has any one used them, do the bars have any problems when you got them. i can get a 4strobe with take downs for like 230 shipped.
  2. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

personally I wouldn't buy anything from him....He refuses to anwser simple product questions and was a total jerk to me and several people i sent his way.

he also rips you off crazy style on strobe wire and terminal ends and played stupid when I asked him what AMP TYCO part number ends he was trying to sell me and claimed they have no number...
    (the # is VERY important because it dictates the wire size needed for terminal)

overpriced.....rude....pompous...too busy for the little guy.....all describe him well.

BTW....getting containers full of old cop car bars and chopping them up into parts to make other bars and reselling isn't that hard....anyone can do it. Thats what your really buying....nothing new...all old take off cop car stuff.

just my opinion.....hes a big headed jerk with no time for anything but his rip off ebay auctions....beware the guys who make their entire company Ebay related...junk.

i mean when you call him he doesn't even say hello....he just yells his last name into the phone like we were on a military base or something....no greeting, no company name, no hello....just a loud obnoxious "DeBaker!!"...instantly making anyone feel as if they have disturbed him and puts you on edge like your taking up his valuable time.

AGAIN.....JUST MY OPINION.....from the dozen or so times i have delt with him.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  3. Dissociative

also for a tad bit more money why not just get a Whelen responder LED?...or something else that aint some used take off junk?
  4. kingcat400

kingcat400 Member

the responder was my second choose i just kind of like the look of the mini edge units. have you dealt with greenwheless on ebay. also do you know of any were i could get a mini edge cheap.

If i can not get a good deal on a edge then i will buy the responder from strobesnmore. Do they give any discount to plowsite members like free shipping.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Wait until day after thanksgiving, strobesnmore is having a sale from 5a to 12 in the afternoon.
  6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Listen to Dissociative. I got a 4 strobe mini edge that was one of his units on trade. Strobes were held in with twist ties, the entire power unit was junk and had rust on it- it was from the early 90's (double strobe only), and he repainted the metal part of the bar to make it look newer. I won't buy any of his junk.
  7. Dissociative

WOW.....im so sorry to hear that plowguy.....that really sucks he did that to you...

Kingcat.......email me