1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ranger plow mount problem

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by biltritecon, Jan 2, 2008.

1. biltritecon

biltritecon Junior Member

I have a 99 ranger and i picked up a used 6'6'' western for small driveways to mount on the truck. Came with no pushplates and unimount parts aren't available anymore. Anybody have any suggestion before i make one from scratch? Theres nothing on ebay.

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try finding a junk yard that can post a request for parts on thier net. Search truck junk yards. The parts are out there it just takes some searching.

3. Brandon

Brandon Member

Western never made Unimount pushplates for '98-up Rangers. You'll have to fab one.

4. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Sometimes it isn't too hard to buy the mount for a different application (like Super Duty or F-150) and modify it for your Ranger. It should be pretty easy to find those on Ebay or Craigslist.

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Did they make it for S-10's?
    I used a Meyer mount from an S-10 to put a Meyer plow on a Bronco II.
    ( I know yours is a Western )
    The only difference was the bumper mount tabs. The installer added some braces,He said you could hoist the truck up from the mount and swing it in the air after he got done with it.
    See if you can find a used plow dealer. You might be able to make a deal to get a setup to fit your truck.