1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ranger and plowing?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Dlongerman, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

thinking of getting a Ranger and plowing with it Commercially so i will need a heavy duty plow... what will i have to add to the truck to do this? and what plow should i get? i see a Blizzard plow on the local Districts Jeep and like it. will that be heavy duty enough?

2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

ummmm i think you should get a snow way and do driveways. Its just not heavy enough to do roads, and you'll have to really keep up with the storm, not to mention really beef up the front end. Soo its probly better to just a buy a bigger truck with a plow already on it. Craigslist my friend.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  3. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Rangers and Bronco II are the same frame I run 4 of these and yes you have to add some stuff like air bags and some rear spring. But I can load out a 4000 lbs with 7.5 foot blade so it can be done just a little prep. They are great rigs that turn on a dime .

poly 4 (Medium).JPG

Picture 094 (Medium).jpg

4. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

what kind of blade is that? does it trip?

5. fernalddude

Well the first pic tells the story they are all meyers blades they all have a special job 2 with wings 1 2 meter board the 2nd pic poly 7.5

2meter (Medium).jpg

poly 2 (Medium).JPG

6. fernalddude