1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Random Recent Stuff

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by 91AK250, Jan 16, 2008.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

not storm pics per-say...just some from today playing in the fresh stuff..went out for a walk by a lake today..played in the snow alittle with my DD explorer and its been a bit chilly here latly luckly its warming up now :) just thought i'd share

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 91AK250

3. 6.5LTDFisher

6.5LTDFisher Member

Ahhhhhh, I love alaska, I give you guys credit for hanging around at those temps! How is it, you get frost bite easy? How is the snow? fluffy? Alaska is on my list of places to visit or move to when i get a little older :)

4. emayer23

emayer23 Senior Member

so when you say warming up you mean -5 lol thanks for sharing the pics i like the explorer lights

5. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

nice pics:waving:

6. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

just beautiful. man i miss living in anchorage. it's not as cold as everyone thinks. anchorage that is, the rest of the state gets really cold. if your a outdoor person, alaska is for you.

7. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

look at the weather map there, deadhorse is where i worked.

8. bmh1202

bmh1202 Junior Member

The horse is dead because it's so cold??

9. 91AK250

i've never had frost bite thank god! lol but its very possible and you gotta be careful, in a few storms last year i may have came close as my feet got really wet and cold in sneakers and it was close.

the snow just depends on the temps..ofcourse around 32-34* its wet...but recently its been VERY fluffy and dry..easy to push..which the truck likes im sure haha we see snow here in anchorage from late october untill early april..year before last we had 2" on may 15th and that same year we had snow on september 24th..this year has been very light...im expecting a few big storms to hit us soon..its gotta happen!

so it snowed about 5-6" last night so i got a few more today...its so beautiful outside!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. 91AK250

[​IMG]

btw, its warmed up to the mid teens for the day time high temp and lows around zero at night..supposed to warm to the mid 20s during the day here in the coming days.

11. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

Hey 91AK250 have you had any problems with that boss on digging up dirt driveways

12. 91AK250

not at all, actuly my driveway is all gravel/dirt..but before i plow i let the first 6" or so pack down hard so i have a good base to go on..so the driveway itself never gets touched.

well we had warm weather from HI come in...was 45* at 8am this monring! i got a call from the guy i plow for up the street. he had slid down his glare ice driveway and across the road into the ditch and wanted me to pull him out, i didnt know how bad it was...walked outside to the truck and fell down haha i knew it wouldnt be good..35mins later i was able to get him out..had to use my explorer with studds because our whole road is like a ice skating rink! but we have lost about 7" of snow pack with the warm weather...so im hoping it will snow!!! supposed to cool down tonight!

13. TEX

TEX Senior Member

thanks for the great pics.

14. ALGS

ALGS Junior Member

I thought saint paul would have been one of the coldest since it's in the middle of the ocean.

Adam

15. 91AK250

the warm ocean water keeps it real mild..

well its snowing again, supposed to be 6-8" possibly more...pics later!!!

16. 91AK250

Blizzard Warning in effect from 6 PM this evening to 5 am AST Friday for Turnagain Arm...
    Strong wind this evening through tonight...
    Tonight
    Snow. Snow accumulation 4 to 7 inches. Lows 5 to 15 above. Blowing snow reducing visibilities to less than one quarter mile through Turnagain Arm. Southeast wind 10 to 20 mph except southeast 35 to 50 mph along Turnagain Arm and higher elevations. Wind chills 5 below to 15 below zero.
    Friday
    Snow in the morning...then isolated snow showers in the afternoon. Additional snow accumulation up to 1 inches. Storm total snow accumulation 5 to 8 inches. Highs in the mid teens to lower 20s. Light winds becoming northwest 10 mph in the afternoon

WOOHOO!!!

17. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

hey 91ak200, what part of town do you live in? the pics are great, thanks. it really takes me back. when i lived there, i lived in spenard area, we didn't get near the snow they got across town. it was about 8 here in kansas yesterday. not much different. not near as beautiful though. have fun

18. 91AK250

i live on upper hillside..top of omally so we see the highest amounts of all of town most of the time..

well that nice storm that was supposed to hit....moved off too quick and we only got like 5" :( im sad but its still somthing i guess lol

19. 91AK250

heres some i thought i'd add here, me and my roommate went and took pics of our trucks..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]