1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ramps For Snowblowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Enzo, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to know where I could get a good metal ramp to put the snowblower onto the bed of my truck. We are suppose to be getting snow and I was hoping to run out at a store around me such as Home Depot or something and see if they got anything. Does anyone know where I may be able to get one?

Thanks

2. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

I would try Pep Boys if ya have one nearby...lots of accessory type stuff there...

3. PLOWIN DOUGH

PLOWIN DOUGH Member

I made quad ramps

make your own put bolts threw 2x10's at the end so aprox. 1 inch of the bolt tip is sticking out then drill holes in the inside of your tailgate to hold the ramps from sliding out. This also ensures the ramps are in the right spot every time. You;ll need to put screws along the top of the ramps for traction ( leaving the heads up 1/4 inch)

4. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

thanks guys i really appreciate it the great suggestions

5. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

go to Harbor Feight they have steel ramp for 40 dollars. I bought those last year it worth but will work best if your snowblower's tire have chain which bite ramp easy instead slide.

I think it have sale like 35.99 now.

6. dunlaps lawncare

dunlaps lawncare Senior Member

sears i bought mine for $129 metal ramps

7. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

I use a folding pair of 8' ramps, that I got at the local non-chain dealer. They are good when its not icy out, but sometimes I need help putting the blower in when its icy. I park downhill where I can so its easier.
    I would think wooden ramps would be too slippery, and the folding ones I put behind the blower to brace it. The ramps are aluminum and have these raised hole things for traction.

F350 with Ariens 1332 in 5th gear going up most of the time.

8. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

I have some nice aluminum lighter ones that were over $100 from lowes before. They work greaton my 91 f150, sits low

Theyre just not long enough for most things to put in the bed of the 06 f350 though.

Im looking at northern tool.com for some double foldable ramps to put on the side of my f350 bed to load the snow thrower up from the side, its a 265lb 32" width Simplicity so theres no hand unloading it.

9. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Thats where i got mine. they have a good selection.

10. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

motorcyle dealer

ATV and/or Motorcycle ramps

aluminum (lightweight, don't rust)
    usually come with tie down so they don't slip out.

long enough to work off anything.

Probably about a $100, but worth every penny.

11. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

Sears duh and if ur blower needs ramps id get me a new blower single stage goes up in the bed with one nice grunt.

12. RipT

RipT Senior Member

Cabela's has a large selection of ATV ramps......should find several that would work for you.

The Harbor Freight ones will be about the cheapest you will find, and while I would hesitate to use them for a heavy ATV, should be fine for a blower and a standard height PU bed.

13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I got some nice aluminum ones at tractor supply for like$130, they are like 91" long

14. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I have a set of aluminum ramps. They have cross bars spaced at like 4" so you get good traction whether it is snowy or icy.

15. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

16. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

o i guess i forgot to say that i have steel curved ramps and ill never use strait ones again. even thou using any ramps to me comes off as a death wish.

17. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

The ones I have are curved, with about 4inch spaced crossbars, but it is still scary loading my quad:dizzy: