1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rammed? sno-pro 3000

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by roadtester, Feb 3, 2013.

1. roadtester

roadtester Junior Member

New to me, a Curtis 3000 sno-pro. on a dodge 2500 Ram. The ram that raises and lowers the blade will not go down all the way. It will go up, but will only go down to approx. 10 in. from the ground. I have the chain adjusted, it was working fine until the other day. I put it up and put blocks under the plow, pushed the control to lower, then I was able to push the ram all the way down by hand. Then put it back up, removed the blocks and lowered it. It stopped 10 in. from the ground. I could not push the ram down. If I raise the blade to a certain point, I can push the ram down. Above that point the blade will not be pushed down. checked fluid level and brought it up. It didn't take much. No difference. There is a single line to the ram, so I thought there was a check valve inside the ram. Got a new ram, no difference. Does the same thing. Dealer has no clue. Something else, the jack foot will not operate, unless I push the ram down past the point where it stops. I can only do that if the ram is at a certain height, and blocked.

2. Bison

Bison Member

Sounds like it could be an electrical connection to me. I'd start looking at the plugs first for clean connections and that it's not getting bumped around as the plow is moving, then I'd look for a broken wire on the plow frame harness that is moving at the same time the lift cylinder is moving....just my guesses .

3. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

My used plow wouldn't lower at all when I got it. Loosening the packing nut on the ram got it working perfectly with no leaks. Probably not your issue but worth a shot.

4. roadtester

roadtester Junior Member

snow ? Lake Effect !!

We "snow belt" folk know what snow is. as I write this, I just got done removing 2+ feet we got last night. My back up is a 35 hp. Kabota with a heated cab and 6 ft. front mounted snow blower. Good thing, with my Dodge sidelined. Fulton is getting hammered, my wife is a rural mail carrier out of Fulton, between 7 and 8 am they got a foot of snow and it is still coming. The band, if it acts like others will swing back to the north, if it hasn't all ready. I wonder how many on this site know that we who live in this area don't measure our snow fall in inches, that's a waste of time.