1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by REAPER, Dec 19, 2004.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I asked this on the personal fourms with not much input back. Suppose to pick this truck up Monday afternoon. Any input would be appreciated.

I just locked in on a 1998 Dodge Ram 2500 360 v8 Quad cab w/8' bed loaded incd heated mirror's and has a Boss Super Duty Plow on it. 10k +600tax. I take care of regestration.

I have 2 GMC truck 2500HD std cab's and have always in the past stuck with these trucks out of dependability and working ability.{have had all GMC 2500 in past as well}

I also have a basic 2wd Ram that is my summer truck. This truck seems a bit stronger in the motor{360}vs {GMC 350} and is much much more comfy to drive. I have a Yukon 4x4 as well and it is ok but seems heavy on the motor(350). In my age I guess I am looking for comfort on the back and knee's during the plow nights.

This truck is big. almost 30 foot from front of plow to back of hitch reciever. I only do large lots and have the std. cab GMC if need be for curves.

Thinking of dropping the boss and selling(Is new 1 season) it then getting a Blizzard 810 on it.

Looking for those that have plowed with this type of truck and any advice good or bad. What to look for and reacurring problems that may happen drawbacks(besides parking).
  2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I run a 97 GMC, 1 ton, dually, crew cab, 8' bed,454,
    with a Blizzard 810.

Love it. No good for small lots. Do commercial, no drives.