1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ram Wagon - 8.6 XV2

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BOSSMAN21, Dec 14, 2015.

1. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Hey guys, I traded in my daily driver half ton today for this 3500 Power Wagon. It just wasn't feasible to have a vehicle I couldn't plow with as well if I had too in an emergency. I'm impressed so far to say the least, its going to treat me well I think. Its got the 6.4 Hemi, and about every option besides leather. Its also got the winch like on all the other wagons. Im loving it!

Adodge2.png

Adodge1.png

Adodge3.png

2. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Looks great Scott! I just saw that truck up at Varneys the other night. I'm from Bangor and am pretty good friends with the owner of the place. I also saw that truck the day it was traded in, talked to the previous owner, little older fellow, seemed like a good guy.

3. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

That's where I got it from! With 2000 miles on it, he couldn't have hurt it too bad! saved almost $20,000 by going used, so I am ecstatic! thanks!

4. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Nice rig, good luck with it. Pics of the winch?

5. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I thought Power Wagons only came in 2500??? Can't see in the pictures, were you able to leave the winch on with the plow?

6. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

You know you might as well post pics of the front better cause there are gonna be guys asking about what was needed to run the plow setup

7. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

I sure will get some pictures tomorrow guys, the winch is actually mounted 100% behind the front bumper. most people didn't even notice it until I showed them...pictures to come...

8. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

2000 miles ... the previous guy must have taken a real $$$$ hit ... Nice truck you've got there !!!

9. JustJeff

Pretty sure that's a 2500, not a 3500. Don't believe Dodge/Ram has ever made a 1 ton Power Wagon.
    Yes, that's a 2500. Just checked Ram's website and it won't let you build a Power Wagon as a 1 ton for 2015 or 2016. Check here.
    http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/lineup/?app=bmo&

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  10. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Yes it is a 2500, sorry for the typo, and yes, 2,000 miles, he took quite the hit from what I understand. Thanks for the compliments!

11. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

nice setup, good luck this winter

12. R.J.B.

R.J.B. Member

I didn't know the power wagon came with plow pkg?

13. JustJeff

I don't believe you can, but you can order it with either dual alternators or a single larger one.

14. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

I'm not sure about the plow package, but the plow was on the truck when I bought it! I'll have to do some research!

15. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

They didnt come with a plow package..

95% of the dealers will not install a plow on them due to the front vehicle weight rating. They also say the weight of the winch adds too much forward weight... I've also heard some brackets need modded to ensure the front end components still work properly like the sway bar disconnect.. Most plow setups you see on them are user installed.

16. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

I see. I'll have to do some calling around, I'd then say probably that would void my front end warranty. I believe the dealer I bought it from put the plow on the front of it. I may be wrong though. Any feedback?

17. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

They could of. Could just ask. Some dealers don't have a problem doing things like that and others are a straight by the book type. I've delt with both kind. Just like the guys at the auto part stores. If it doesnt show up on the computer then they can't help you.

18. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

If I remember correctly I believe the only plow set up that you can run on a power wagon is a Fisher, because you don't have to modify the push plates for the sway bar disconnect. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong

19. PWDan

PWDan Junior Member

Doesn't look like he went with a light duty homeowner plow on that thing either! I'm trying to find a Western or Fisher for my 2010 Power Wagon but from what I've read they changed the suspension or frame on the 13s and up. I might have to change to a 2500/3500HD spring from what I've read. I have a 2" leveling kit but I don't plan on using a light duty plow so I guess I have to see how bad it sags. Nice new truck you got though and I know I love mine. With that kind of miles it's much better than a demo truck for sure. Congratulations and the best of luck with it. I really don't think you'll be disappointed at all.