1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ram Seals

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by eman5oh, Nov 18, 2010.

1. eman5oh

eman5oh Member

So I have sno pro 3000 and the lift ram has slight leak and I would like to replace the seals in the ram as the shaft is still good with no rust. My local dealer told me that you have to buy a whole new lift cylinder for $120. I see seal kits like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/West...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_1182
    on ebay and was wondering if it would fit or if anyone knows of a seal kit that would fit and were to buy it. Thanks

2. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

when i talked to my local curtis dealer last year about my lift ram. they said putting new seals in where not worth the effort. 90% of the time once u replace them they start leaking again soon after.

i just put a new ram on. for the price well worth the money and saves on head aches