1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ram seals

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Banger, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Banger

Banger Member

Anyone have a link on how to replace them? On my ultra I have a slight leak on the pass side ram seal. The ram is not pitted or rusted up or bent. So it shoud just be a seal I hope. Its leaking from the front packing nut area.

thanks

2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Is the gland nut tight? Try to tighten it first, if the rod is not damaged the seals should be good.

3. lukynskywyrd

lukynskywyrd Member
    from wisc.

ram seal leak....

Im doing the same to mine, the kit is less than $10.00 and the ram comes out when the nut is removed. Cheep insurance for a snowy winter!

4. Banger

Banger Member

Plowfixguys
    Thanks for the reply/info. I'm going to check it out this weekend.

lukynskywyrd
    Let me know how it turns out. I might just swap them out as well to have the pc of mind.

5. lukynskywyrd

lukynskywyrd Member
    from wisc.

ram seals...

just finished reassembling this am and should know in a few days when I hook the plow up. I had to finesse the packing rings in a bit but the gland nut seated them. Im adding a new relay tomorrow.