1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ram OEM fuel filters

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by JustJeff, Nov 3, 2015.

1. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Been having the dealership change my fuel filters for two years. Decided to do it myself this time. I called the stealer and their parts department wants 79.99 a piece for them, and there's two. Supposedly they have to be OEM filters or the truck won't run. Priced them on Amazon, and they're 100.00 for both of them with free shipping. I knew there was money being made on parts at the stealer, but never realized that it was over 50% and closer to 60%. Guess I'll be buying whatever parts I can on Amazon from now on.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What year ram?

3. JustJeff

'13. (response must be at least ten characters!)

4. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Wix WF10112 is the same filter, BTW. I always buy Wix or Napa (relabeled Wix, Napa 600112) filters, never had any issue. About $40. Yes, it will run fine on it & warranty stays in effect.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I don't mind paying more for factory filter for peace of mind. I've always done my own.

I figure either way I'm taking a diesel bath

6. Normskiboy

Normskiboy Junior Member

I get all my filters from a web site called Geno's garage. The have mopar and cummings filters and parts at great prices. Check them out

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Cummins makes the oem filter mopar just rebadged it.
    Geno's as mentioned or the neerest "Cummins Power," shop,Will have it or they can order it, there the cheapest place to get fleetguard filters I've found.

I don't know what you are doing 1oldog,
    I hardly get any on my hands when I change mine every 15k

8. JustJeff

I just checked Geno's garage website, and his are more than I paid from Amazon. His were 62.00 ish a piece, and I got the pair from Amazon for 100.00 with free shipping.

9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

It was a metaphor

10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Ah, ok....

I love the smell of half burnt diesel on a cold January moring.

Good old #2 just doesn't give me that kick anymore,
    (Ulsd)

11. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

I run fleetguard fuel filters... Im also running an aftermarket fuel system tho too so its easier to get cheaper filters... I get mine at cost for 25.00 for the filter and water separator they are about 50.00 to the normal customer