1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ram No Longer Dodge?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by NBI Lawn, Dec 1, 2012.

1. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I guess I am out of the loop here. I just read that Dodge is no longer the "owner" of their truck line. Ram is now it's own brand. When did this happen?
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

And I think Jeep is made by Fiat now.

I've seen and heard commercials where Dodge is not used with Ram. As in "the new Dodge Ram". Now it's just Ram. Not sure what's up with that.
  3. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Its been that way since 2010 I think. Ram also has the Dakota line.
  4. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

They launched "Ram" into a standalone brand instead of being a model of Dodge. The brand is still owned and manufactured by Chrysler. The only difference is marketing.
  5. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

Its so the dealerships that are chrysler or jeep only (dont have dodge cars to sell) can still offer a truck on the lot without having to buy the who brand. smart move on their part. Thats why Chevy has GMC
  6. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

"Ram" trucks still have the Dodge logo on the interior. they created the Ram brand so that ram trucks would keep their own identity and not start looking too much like the Dodge vehicles on the road.
  7. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

It's interesting that Ram trucks look so much like the Dodge vehicles on the road.
  8. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Not anymore. 2013 they did away with it.
  9. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Did away with what, the logos?
  10. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

All the logos interior and exterior all say RAM. I test drove a 2013 Ram 1500 Fri and is sharp. Look for the HD line up in the first quarter. Great move on Diamler Chrysler part bc MOPAR has more of an influence in the RAM line up.