1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ram Mirrors

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by us2bafhemi, Nov 28, 2005.

1. us2bafhemi

us2bafhemi Junior Member

Anyone know where i can find a set of mirrors for a 98 Ram?
  2. ultimate snow

ultimate snow Junior Member

try mopar parts .com or somthing like that or ebay
  3. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i also need a set for our 98...both mirrors are cracked and wont pass inspection
  4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I've got a buddy that just put the Ram Tow mirrors on his 2005, if the regular mirrors fit I'm sure he would sell them to you since they are just sitting on his shelf in his garage. EMail me if interested.
  5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

The mirrors from a 2005 won't fit a '98, different body style.
  6. Guy

Guy Member
    from Alaska

car-part.com is an excellent site to find used parts at recyclers near you.
    do you have the chrome or black ones? electric or heated?
  7. TomJ

TomJ Junior Member

If you are just worried about inspection for cracked glass... go to Auto Zone and buy the stick on replacement glass for $10.00 each.
    I've used them on one mirror so far and the heated portion still seems to work. It hasn't been real cold here yet though.
  8. us2bafhemi

us2bafhemi Junior Member

Thanks for the input guys, i found them on ebay from a parts dealer, brand new about 40$ each. They are to replace the mirrors on my 96, i hate those things. You know the ones with the chrome and the little tube that sticks out. Anyways, they will bolt right up, and i found out how to wire them from another forum on DTW. And to TOMJ, coming from a new veteran, You're Welcome. It was an honor!
  9. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

great idea ill have to check that out and let me know how the heat works on them because they do have heat in them
  10. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

My dodge is an 2001 and had the same mirrors as yours before I installed the factory tow mirrors. Go here..... www.dodgeparts.com
  11. LawnzzzANDsnow

LawnzzzANDsnow Junior Member

Got a pair make me and offer comes with everything from a 97 power mirrors no defrost.
  12. lawn and stump

lawn and stump Junior Member

My 96 ram 1500 has mirrors that won't stay adjusted.
    The rubber that holds the piviot is not holding. Is there anyway to tighten it up?