1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ram goes to high

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by oleplower, Jan 3, 2009.

1. oleplower

oleplower Junior Member

have had it happen 2 times now, when you raise the plow all the way up it is comming up to high breaking the cylender cover. It does not do this all the time, once last year and again this year. I have had no luck finding what may be causing the problem so any ideas will help
  2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

you have the piston bolted it in the hole closest to the pivot point on the lift yolk. this will make it hit. you need to have it in the hole closest to the plow lift chain.
  3. oleplower

oleplower Junior Member

THANKS some times you can't see the tree cause of the forest or something like that I'll try that, and again THANKS
  4. huss691981

huss691981 Member

if that dosen't work, depending on what pump you have, evenm the hole by the chain may not be far enough out. If it is a high lift model you need a longer lift arm or a new hole.
  5. AHammen

AHammen Member

This is a flaw of the meyer pumps (not the only one of course). Make sure you have stops on the bottom of your hoop and the A Frame. If they are there (which they should be unless someone cut them off) add another inch or so of metal to the hoop stop so the plow can't go up so high, I had to do this on one of my plows, the one in the picture is stock.