1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ram box with an in bed Salter?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Schuley, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

I'm looking to purchase a new truck and I really like the features that the RamBox offers. I finally have a place other than the backseat for some of my stuff!
    Does anyone know if I can fit a one yard snowdogg Salter in the bed? It shows it at just over 48 inches on the inside. I'm wondering though if the tie down straps will work? Nobody seems to have the answer.
  2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

I don't personally have the RamBox on mine, but I do have a 1.5 Saltdogg spreader in the back and I think you should have plenty of clearance to open your doors. It's 48" wide, which leaves the with of the wheel wells leftover on each side for room. Roughly 8-10" I'd guess. And the tie downs go down to the mounting cleats, which are at floor level, so I don't think you'd have a problem.